Saturday, April 3, 2010

Consider This My Take on High School

In life, people change... No one ever stays the same. You can be a nice person at first but when you grow older, you can become more arrogant and smug, It happens. Me personally, I've grown from a soft spoken, shy, boy into a loud, obnoxious teen, but to be honest... I never actually act like that when i'm around the ones i love and care for the most... Instead I show them my roots by becoming the soft spoken, shy boy. The problem is that i can't always act like that... In a environment like High School, Image and Popularity is everything, and High School can change you...


Now when i entered the Jungle known as Kitsilano Secondary School, I knew that i had a tough job ahead of me. My brother, being the most popular kid in Kits expected Me to take over his job. The problem is, i'm not like my brother. I'm the type of person who likes to walk alone and think while listening to my ipod, but like I said image is everything in High School so I had to change. I had to become the arrogant, loud, obnoxious teenager that you see today. Although I actually haven't fully change. You see, I can ACT like the obnoxious one but when i'm around friends that I TRULY care for... I go from being "Little Nico" to becoming, Jacob Anthony Conde. My friends are accepting, I can trust them unlike when I'm in school. When i'm in school, I have to maintain the personality that my brother is known for, because if i show my true personality, I fear that I will lose all my friends... and well become a loner. Sure some will say that, that will never happen but you never know. So unless I can truly trust you or you are someone who I care for very much, don't expect me to be soft spoken towards you, because High School is very judgmental and you will for sure judge me and even scold me. Then again I might be wrong, but I will never know for sure unless you prove that I am right or wrong...

High School Changes People. You can't escape the inevitability that is your changing personality, you can't. Even I can't escape it. Although I can ACT like an obnoxious teen even though i truly am very kind, polite and all that, My full transition into that obnoxious person is almost complete... but i feel like i have the ability to find a nice balance, bring in the best of both worlds so to speak. Now i keep saying that i am not who you think i am... well this is why I keep saying that. now before i leave you, I just want to leave you a Quote that I picked up a while ago... A quote that i followed throughout my whole life, I hope you follow it too

"The Person You Are Is Much More Different Then The Person You Portray". I hope that you can understand that like i have

Jacob Anthony Conde

No comments:

Post a Comment