Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Consider This My Changing Pt. 3

I don't understand myself at times... It seems as though I am smarter than I seem but at the same time I may be smarter than my own good. Also at times I restrain myself from stating my opinion when the truth is... I always want my say. As well, nowadays I've been analytical about everything, analyzing every little thing and big thing in life... is this a sign? I mean correct me if I'm wrong but is this a sign of things to come? Why I'm asking these questions... Is beyond me but you know what, its good to get answers from time to time... even if that answer benefits me positively or negatively...


To be honest My birthday is coming in a weeks time. I'm turning the ever so sweet age of sixteen and from what I know, I believe that 16 is the transition age from teen to adult. Usually when it comes to birthdays, I'm very nonchalant with my age... but with this one particular age, 16... it strikes me as interesting. 16 is like i said the transition age from teen to adult but, I feel as though I have made that transition a long time ago. Not in the sense that I act like an adult but in terms of maturity I feel that way. I know that within myself, I have changed drastically over the past 16 years... I went from the shy one, to the loud obnoxious one and now I am transitioning to the mature one. It's kind of odd because I'm still in high school and all my friends are well... not as mature as I am. Now don't get me wrong that doesn't make me think otherwise towards them but at times I feel as though... I haven't really met someone who I can truly connect with as a friend. maybe that's just high school for me. Even my cousin said that high school isn't for anyone and when I was told that... I realized that high school isn't for me. I can only laugh at so many jokes and other stuff for so long but the truth of the matter is... I can't really react the same as before... Maybe that IS a sign of the forecoming...

Now I sit in front of my computer, typing on this blog and considering the following... what will my life be now, knowing how I am transitioning? Will I change completely or will I change relatively... these questions are the questions that I have yet to find an answer for. As I reminisce on my computer, I realize that I have grown quite drastically... Even my family is starting to notice. I'm more knowledgeable about life and I feel as though I am ready to take on real life challenges. Problem is, my one flaw now is that i'm too serious... and they're right, I am. I need to relax and have some fun because 16 will never come around twice... Truth of the matter is... I'm growing up... and I can't change that.

Jacob Anthony Conde

No comments:

Post a Comment